- Doors OpenCome early to grab a seat, a refreshment, and some foodSponsored by TekSystems
- Welcome and IntroductionsSponsored by The Urban Hive
- UTF-8 and you!We all know that we should add <meta charset="utf-8"> to our html documents and always specify utf-8 as the encoding scheme, but why? What is this mystical UTF-8? Find out more than you've ever wanted to know about the most brilliant hack in text encoding history.
- What is `this`?A quick talk about what Igor has learned about `this`
- Different Channels in learningCasual MeetUps (BeerJS), Meet Ups, personal projects, Slack, online schools, etc.
- Documentation HacksExploits to Better Transfer Knowledge
- Civic Tech is the New BlackAsh Roughani, founder of Code for Sacramento, will discuss the role of civic tech in shaping Sacramento's future and why we should all take some time to do stuff that matters.
- Play with TechIntroducing technology/programming/engineering/making to students. Why does it matter? What resources already exist? How do I get started?
- Design For DevelopersDesigners & Devs share a lot in common but we often end up working on separate teams and tossing work over the fence. If designers can learn to code, can developers learn design? Why would we want to? Where do we start? Learn some simple design & UX techniques to build cool things!
- 15-seconds of FameNew to the area? Hiring? Stumped on a problem? Here's your chance to take the floor and address the group for your 15-second of fame!
- Closing Remarks
- Bevera.jsGrab a drink and get to know your fellow #SacTech community members by hanging out afterwards and socializing with our other attendees. We'll keep it going until we get kicked out!Sponsored by Rocket Department
Want to speak at a future meetup? We accept 15, 30, and 45-minute talks on a wide variety of topics. Let us know what you'd like to talk about.