- Doors OpenCome early to grab a seat, a refreshment, and some foodSponsored by TekSystems
- Welcome and IntroductionsSponsored by The Urban Hive
- Cavalcade, an attempt to incorporate network effects on MapMe.ioWe use Angular/Ionic to drive all of our products. We're a team of two founder over at [www.beaconsafety.co](http://www.beaconsafety.co) I'll go over Cavalcade, an attempt to incorporate network effects on [MapMe.io](http://MapMe.io). Some of the issues with js that we've been looking at: * Mapping API's * A.I. landscape * Internet of Things landscape
- The F Word (Fear)The F word can cripple us to the point where we can’t move forward and hold us back from our true potential. After this talk, you will be able to get out of it's vicious clutches.
- The Joy of Clothoid CurvesClothoids are an exciting alternative to traditional Bezier curves. Clothoids are great for logos, cartoon characters, 2D animation, and even steering self-driving cars. This talk will demonstrate the sheer awesomeness of clothoids with a small app of mine, followed by a brief introduction to the math if time allows.
- But I just Learned Gulp 😕This talk would be about my views on the fast pace Web Dev world. New things are showing up each day, and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Hopefully, this will help put some minds at ease, because it's OK if your side project isn't built with React.
- Node "vs" Nashorn on the ServerDiscussion of performance characteristics of JS code running on Node.js and Nashorn (Java 8's "jjs" scripting tool). Which is faster depends on the duration / repetitiveness of the run.
- Hacking CSS units with PostCSSI'll be showing how to create our own CSS units using PostCSS, basic math and media queries. Will you want to use it in production? Probably not but it's still cool.
- How to Market your projectSo, you’ve developed your project. Now what? You mom and your pet can’t be your only users. You’ve defined who your target user is. Right? It can’t be everyone, everywhere. Will your product look the same for a Kenyan national who is training for the Olympics this summer? Will your project better suit the needs of an accountant who works remotely with small businesses who have less than 10 employees? Or will your project most benefit urban farmers in LA or Detroit? Marketing is based on stories and emotions. Connecting your potential customer to why they need your product over a competitor’s. What is the problem your project solving?
- 15-seconds of FameNew to the area? Hiring? Stumped on a problem? Here's your chance to take the floor and address the group for your 15-second of fame!
- Closing Remarks
- Bevera.jsGrab a drink and get to know your fellow #SacTech community members by hanging out afterwards and socializing with our other attendees. We'll keep it going until we get kicked out!
Want to speak at a future meetup? We accept 15, 30, and 45-minute talks on a wide variety of topics. Let us know what you'd like to talk about.